View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 03:12 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
LMAO, Rune...too funny. Yeah, I have hard time NOT headbanging to Creed, LOL...My list would be too long to get into detail, but I'll give a few good ones:

Creed -- In my top five...just full of energy and great vibes, and the music's pretty darn good, too.

Jerry Cantrell -- The former Alice In Chains guitarisit is bad-ass live. No-nonsense kind of show. Very little talking, lots of guitar playing and kick-ass tunes...A good mix of his solo stuff and Alice...Major, major fan here...

Pearl Jam... OMG...incredible. You don't even have to be on the rail to feel the love and the vibe from this band. Excellent mix of stuff and they vary their set lists from show to show, which makes you want to buy every bootleg you can your hands on. Vedder rocks! Plus, they surprise with covers. And they usually play 2+ hours. Friggin' AWESOME.

Les Claypool -- Amazing bass player who tours with his Frog Brigade, whose members sometimes change. Very trippy show, but very cool. Zappa-esque in his approach, lots of free-form jamming. You just can't stop grooving to this guy.

Springsteen --- Just saw him for the first time Monday...Two words: Fucking incredible! At 53, this guy has fricken boundless energy. Played for 3+ hours with no breaks, save for a funky intro of all the band members. I would pay anything to see this guy. The young guns could learn a thing or two from The Boss. He believes in giving people their money's worth, plus, they all looked like they had a hell of a time up there...Clarence Clemons is the coolest dude!

Foo Fighters -- Dave Grohl has acquitted himself quite nicely as a front man since his days in Nirvana. The man knows how to rock and have a good time. Plus, his bandmates rock! Taylor Hawkins on drums is a maniac on the kit, plus, he's wicked hot! Sorry, couldn't help myself. This is one show where you will be tired and sore from headbanging, dancing and singing. Rockin' good time.

Audioslave -- Chris Cornell still has it. That man can friggin' sing! Plus, Tom Morello is wild on guitar...Rage + Cornell is an awesome combo in my book. Their songs are natural crowd-pleasers and they soooooo get people going with tunes like Set It Off and Show Me How To Live...See them!

Metallica -- Caught my first show of James & Co. at Veterans Stadium in Philly. They played a lot of old stuff, which friggin' ROCKED. The newly rehabbed James is still kicking vocal a** and what can you say about the rest? Hammet is the man, Lars is nuts and new addition Rob Trujillo is a maniacal bass player. He played on Jerry Cantrell's last solo album, so I already loved him, LOL.

OMG, I said this wouldn't be long, but it is...sorry! I could go on an on...