View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #14
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp and AB's relationship

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) There was a story I read too about Stapp and how he treated his fans. Should those fans who were hurt by Stapp forgive him for crushing thier dreams when they met him in person? I bet he wants their forgiveness now too because those were the people who helped him succeed and now they are gone because he wasn't the person whom they believed him to be. A wound may heal, but a scar will always remain.

In Stapp's defense (and I rarely defend Stapp anymore, lol), most/all of those stories occurred during the Creed days when he wasn't very kind to anyone. If you've read first hand accounts of meeting Stapp since the break-up, I'd venture to say that 99% of them are positive. People DO change. And forgiveness is warranted when someone has changed and is sorry for what happened before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mark a Christian? You bring up the "He who is without sin, cast the first stone" quote. You do know this goes both ways, right? Mark isn't without sin, so who is he to pass judgment on Stapp? Or vice versa? You can't use this quote to justify Mark's actions, because it does not. Forgiveness is something ALL believers in Christ must practice. Mark should forgive Stapp, period. This doesn't mean Mark needs to invite Stapp back into his life, but rather it means that he needs to let go of all the anger he has toward Stapp and just move forward.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!