View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 04:45 PM   #16
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Said Eyes) I feel like I'm repeating myself a bit, but No.

How RHCP can even be thought of in the same sentace boggles the mind. You really must have no idea of what the Beatles did.

Its a f'ing methapor, it is clear that the The peppers are not on the same level as the Beatles. They changed the face of music, and inspired a generation. But if you think about it the peppers have basically inspired thousands of musicans. IF you ask any bass player that is about my age who inspired you to become a bassist? and 7 out of 10 times you will get flea. The peppers have been able to incorperate so many different genres of music into their sound that most likely if you like any form of rock and roll you will like the peppers. If fact one of my friend generally hates rock but loves the peppers. WHy is that? Because they have universal appeal like the Beatles did.

The RHCP's also were able to change the face of rock music by fusing funk, punk, alternative, soft rock, rock, Hard rock, classic rock and various other forms of rock into somethingthat works. In fact the basically inspired, rap metal, funk metal and other genres to this day.
Ever heard of:
Primus
Rage Against the Machine
Sugar Ray
Sublime ?

They were all insprired by RHCP's.

While ill agree that they aren't nearly on he same scale as the beatles they sure as hell has a pretty big impact on rock as we know it.