View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 12:10 PM   #5
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by bgivens33
That is what happened with the 10 commandments.  A government official, a judge to be exact, put a statue in a government building with the 10 commandments.  That is wrong.  That is NOT separation of church and state.  The problem is, you are blinded by the fact that you are a Christian.  If that judge had posted a popular verse out of the Koran or the 9 satanic statements, you WOULD be singing a different tune.  Separation of Church and state is not only an excellent thing, it is a necessary thing.

I'd have no problem if they put up a statue with Koran writings on it. Just because I'm a Christian, doesn't mean I'm against other religions. I admit, of course, it plays a role in what I think and do, yet it is not the only factor. Most of what I think is from personal opinion and not was church as bestowed upon me.

Satanic statues are a different story because if you worship Satan, you are probably in a cult. Religion implys God as the head.

Did you know that high ranking government officials in Washington DC begin their meetings with prayer? How is that separation of church and state? They change the law to limit us, but keep things intact for them.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"