View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
XenoN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thought for the day...

I'm sitting at home and eating my bowl of cereal at noon (last night was a long night... sheesh), and I'm flipping channels. I come across the highly coveted *cough*sarcasm*cough* MTV, and I'm find "Road Rules: Battle of the Sexes." I started to think a bit...

Wouldn't it be nice if I could sit down and eat breakfast with some music videos in front of me?

Instead, the should-be source of music on television is showing me a chick with syrup being poured onto her to deter any sensations of biting she may feel after a bucket of cockroaches and worms is poured onto her. WTF?!

I start to become entranced, and then look back down at my bowl of cereal, which now looks much less appetizing. Time to flip the channel.

Seriously though, where's the music? I'm sure some executives at Viacom would say, "Oh, the music is there. What do you think is playing in the background?" No, sir. The only thing I'm seeing is cockroaches and this endless plethora of god-forsaken "reality" television. Excuse me while I gag.

I continue flipping, thinking about how cool it would be to check out an Alter Bridge video, or even catch some old school videos like Metallica's "Enter Sandman." Instead, I'm left with CMT (country music television, for those who may not be in the know), but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

So MTV, here's my proposition for you... change the name to RTV. Yes... Reality Television. Because that's what you are. Thanks for ruining my breakfast.

---------
Anyone around here get to enjoy music videos for breakfast?