Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #3070
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Jumping Rope

My daughter recently stared a hole in my nose while we were driving home for the evening. I could see her out of the corner of my eye, she finally got up the nerve to ask me how I got that little crook right in the center of it.

I told her there were two possibilities to that. One night on our way home from a party, my sister and I as teenagers got into a fight in the car. Actually she was the one fighting, I was trying to drive. Someone gave her vodka at the party and, after trial and error we discovered she is not a vodka drinker. While going down the highway she decides she wants to jump out of the car. I am driving at a high rate of speed, reach over to pull her back in and bring back nothing but her shirt, I did manage to keep her from jumping out. Me removing her shirt..made her furious, so she decked me with a closed fist right in the nose. I saw stars...to be punched in the nose is excruciating. She then decided to hit me again with her other fist in the side of the head. By this time I am so angry I could kill her...but I took into consideration that this is the vodka reacting, not my beloved sister. So I didn't hit her back, instead I got us home and put her in the bed. It is funny I go into some kind trance when I am hit, it is actually kind of funny. It doesn't bother me like it would most people. I had this patient cuss me like a dog one night..and I thought to myself this can't be really happening..and I really thought it was funny. I guess God is with me in those situations, He gave me a special gift under intense emotional pressure.

The other possibility is when I was very little, I was trying to teach myself how to jump rope on concrete outside my home. After many tries I finally had a good rhythm going when somehow my feet got tangled in the rope and I went forward onto the cement, landing on my nose. It bled really bad, excruciating pain...geesh. I retired from jump roping (edit: I mean jumping rope..it is early..OK?) after that experience. Some people are just not meant to jump rope.

After these explanations she laughed at me for quite some time. I thought I am glad my wounds can be uplifting, at least something good came from experiencing those painful events. It made my kid laugh.

http://inspiringshortstories.org/wp-...t-medicine.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.good...cine-large.jpg

"Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand."
Mark Twain

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Sasa : 10-09-2012 at 06:14 AM.