View Single Post
Old 05-23-2004, 02:52 PM   #15
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hayley, what the others said was good advice. I'm not a parent, but I know I would want to know if my child was interested in someone. They just want to keep you safe because they love you, I'm sure. And what's not to love. You're a great girl and this Marc obviously has seen that . Anyway, keeping it from your parents will just make matters worse when they do find out, and they will. They always do. My mom always told us it was better to be straight up about things even if you're in the wrong. The lies (by omission as well) are worse than the crime, hehe. Trust me on this .

Ditto!! Totally agree with Dogstar!!
I am a mom and I've ALWAYS told Anna, "Just be truthfull", because yes, WE DO ALWAYS FIND OUT!! One way or another. Probably because I've been there, done that!! lol...This is the reason why I have total trust in my daughter. I've told her since she was old enough to understand, that there ISN'T ANYTHING she could do or say that would make me not love her, as long as she was truthfull! That's the key to a trusting and healthy parent/child relationship.. And fortunately, that's the kind of relationship we have!! You're a smart girl Haley, we all know you'll do the right thing!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed