View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 11:07 AM   #125
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ana4stapp) It has nothing to do with being a believer or not -the lyrics are bad! -this is the point!...it has nothing to do with religion stuff ...it has to do with GOOD SONG/LYRICS which GD is definitely not a remote example ...
But i have to addmit I was not expecting another religious song like RL...even though I always loved the "messages " inside Creed's songs, for instance, Faceless Man is full of biblical references and one of the most beautiful songs they had.

You dislike the lyrics because you feel they are not of very good quality. I can understand that. I agree, they are nothing special. But, in most cases, lyrics that are blatantly Christian or blatantly religious are not that good. I listen to a ton of "Christian" artists/bands as well as a ton of secular stuff. In most cases, from a lyrical aspect, the secular artists are better. Of course, there are a few Christian artists/bands who also write excellent lyrics(imo) and can easily rank with some of the great lyrically secular artists.

I guess my whole point was, don't think that because you don't like this song, you won't like the CD. I think the rest of the CD will be much better lyrically.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I am about as religious as you can get. I mean, anyone can attest to just HOW MUCH of a believer I am. BUT, I still don't like it when bands who CLAIM they aren't Christian (i.e. Creed) do a bunch of Christian lyrics. I don't mind Switchfoot (well, I mind them, but not for this reason, lol) because they don't hide the fact that they put God and Christianity into their lyrics. And they aren't even as opaque about it as Stapp is!

Nor do I like it. But I don't think Stapp will do a bunch of Christian lyrics, unless he is planning to become a Christian Contemporary artist, or a Christian Rock artist like, uh, Todd Agnew or Jeremy Camp or someone else. I think you're gonna see some spirituality in his lyrics, because the man is supposedly a devout Christian now. I think you will see him writing some songs about his journey, like he already has. But I do not think it will be excessive. And if it is, I hope he embraces the Christian music scene, if they embrace him. I definitely don't want to see Stapp become a hypocritical artist.

And don't you badmouth Switchfoot!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!