View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Proof that God exists...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) "But to call it a documentary is, imho an insult to those who actually make them with no bias." - you are 150% RIGHT on this my friend. It is NOT a documentary. It is propaganda. Much like the films of Michael Moore.
I agree with Bill Maher on 100% of all religious subjects personally. But i must say that somebody should do a film on crazy atheist people...they can be just as nutty. The movie does however interview many SMART religious people and the film of the movie is not to say "THERE IS NO GOD" but to show how insane many religious people are, its not just christians,but jews, muslims and everybody. The scene you were talking about also, it was not a mockery of jesus but it was a man who played jesus in a play at the museam of creationism.

Very fair reply B&G.

As I said, yes "religious people" can get out of control. Sadly, I've known Christians who would make young people who believe feel like some kind of freak or outcast based on how they dress or otherwise look. The problem comes when men, or women, but actually it's usually men who set the rules or "doctrine" of a religion get too focused on following what men claim God says, man's interpretation, or often misinterpretation, of a scripture, rather than finding out for themselves what God actually has to say. And, I am sure it can be that way, with any religion.

One of the things I remember that came out after 9/11 was a fictional story of God addressing all peoples of all religions, and pointing out that basically in every religion or every major culture, despite differences between them, each religion or culture had some variation of our "golden rule", the do unto others as you would have them do unto you concept. The key idea being, it isn't God that encourages or tells men to fly planes into buildings and kill thousands of innocent people. It's men either forming their own god or twisting things in such a way that they somehow think it's the "holy or righteous" thing to do.

Jason