View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Proof that God exists...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I'm sure everybody has had some expirience that makes them believe. Some are good, some are bullshit. But many people take the bible to be proof of god......... (fart)

I highly recomend any religious people willing to take a good look at their beliefs and not shrug off any criticism of religion as improper teaching or blasphemy (Jason, and like at least 5 others im sure) to watch religulous, it's is a documentary by Bill Maher which shows a lot of evidence that the bible and most importantly the story of Jesus is plagarized amongst other things

Hello Buried

First of all I'll say you've got me cornered down pretty good in one area and maybe not quite as good in another. While being more or less raised a christian, I have gone through my moments in my life where I questioned my beliefs and whether I was right or not. I don't know if I did it as diligently or completely as some perhaps have, but I didn't really need to either. I did have a period of time where I wondered if I was truly correct in believing there was a God at all.

Now, when it comes to bad or incorrect teaching, absolutely I believe that's the cause of a lot of the problems facing Christianity itself. Go into almost any church building and you'll hear them talk about the rapture and you'll read books and see bumper stickers and t-shirts and I'm sure you can even go on YouTube and see gobs of videos depicting people disappearing from their cars and this picture of mass chaos as all of a sudden millions of people just disappear. The only problem is that's not a scenario that's mentioned in the bible. The bible is clear and Christ was clear that Antichrist comes first, and there will be no gathering back to Christ until after that happens.

That's just one example, but I'm pretty sure most everyone has spent some time in a church pew or two. Most of us have probably spent a good bit of time in them. Now, how many of the pastors, reverends, whatever they prefer to be called, how many of them simply teach the bible chapter by chapter and verse by verse? How many people can honestly say they belong to a church or have been to a church where they do this? Just strict bible teaching, rightly dividing the Word, referring back to the original languages even, without anecdotes and stories about Aunt Sally and last week's football game? How many times could you walk out after hearing a sermon and say you truly learned something? Or better yet, how many times could you repeat back to someone what you learned? Did it make you grow and understand more of the Word, or did it just give you kind of a temporary "spiritual high"?

While we're throwing invitations out there, I'll say that I never had experienced any of that type of teaching until I came across Arnold Murray and his ministry at www.shepherdschapel.com

I would invite anyone who's hungry, thirsty, or just curious to listen to one or more of their lectures and tell me if there's any difference between them and the "fluff" that unfortunately most churches today feed you. It's really sad too, because you can't feed people, you can't feed starving souls fluff, especially at this time when there are so many people who do want to learn and be fed, and especially at a time when there is so much deception out there and when you have Satan anxious to swoop in and take in anyone who would be mislead.

I'll get to Bill Maher in another post. I just wanted to get that out of the way.

Jason