View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #37
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) the bible claims to be in the inspired word of God and yet you say its has errors. that means the whole premise is built on a fraud and it is no better than any other book. please point out what you believe are errors or contradictions and why someone should accept the BOM over the bible where they contradict.
Premise does not indicate fraud when the words are truth. I never at any time said that the Bible was not truth. It is truth, and I believe it. As I said, not everything in the Bible is written in its entirety. There are places that say things like "I will not write any more about this right now." Examples... where is heaven? If Jesus Christ was perfect and without sin, why did he need to be baptized? What is in store for us after this life? What is the purpose of life? What is the point of working for God? Are all of Jesus' teachings and parables that were ever taught in his life contained in the Bible?
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) everything has feelings about what is right but not everyone can be right, surely that has to be obvious. lets for arguements sake pretend that the islamic god is the one and only god. if he claims that all who reject him will go to hell and we have because we're not muslims then what would our fate be?
Well, if the Islamic God is the one and only, we are subject to his judgement. All Gods say that they are the only way to truth. Let me clarify that by saying that all followers of a God say that they have the truth. The basic answer is that there is only one God. He will judge us how he sees fit. We have NO 100% evidence for ourselves who that God is because we have never physically seen him.
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) our works are not enough and do nothing to bring us closer to god. the NT in particular makes it clear its salvation by grace through faith not works.
What the hell are you talking about? We must show our belief through our works. Just saying "I believe" isn't enough to be saved. Go get your Bible and look up Proverbs 24:12 ("...and shall not he render to every man according to his works?"), Matthew 5:16 ("Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."), and James 2:14-26 ("...though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?...Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone...But wilt thou know, O van man, that faith without works is dead?...Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?...Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only...") Go read those passages in their entirety, and then tell me again that works don't matter.
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) jesus describes those who say "we cast out demons.....etc" and yet he saids "depart i do not know you". one can sincere and yet sincerly wrong and the bible seems to say clearly they will pay for that wilful ignorance.
Jesus is talking about the blasphemers and unworthy. Those who do it for show. Here's an example, James 5:13-15. Go read that. That passage refers to the sick and afflicted who are tended to by the worthy.

All of my references were King James version.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"