Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sasa) They ask why do we sit still? but lets make a defence...We have sinned against God and now we are reaping what we have sown.

Why do we sit still? We look for peace but there is no peace...

"they have set their abominations (Negativity) in the house(temple) which is called by my name, to pollute it."

They know not the judgement (what comes around goes around)..to be ignorant of that is very dangerous, its the same as giving a gun to a toddler and saying go play, but to know it requires much responsiblity...great responsiblity for everyone and the earth.

There is peace...and I am interested to see at what point... how and when it comes about in this book, there must be a turning point somewhere.

Nice thoughts about Meat vs Milk I have always thought of that as spiritual maturity as well.

Reminds me of Edgar Cayces's story...He read the bible front to back 12 times..seeking, seeking..truth...and one day an angel appeared to him...she told him he was ready to receive greater wisdom. His life was never the same after that meeting. He had many healing gifts given to him. One of them was that he could sleep on a book under his pillow and know the entire contents the next morning by page number. Another gift given to him was the ability to heal people in other locations..without ever making physical contact.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Indeed there is peace,there is healing, but there's only One Who's going to bring it.

I would personally wonder just what Edgar Cayce came across, if anything. I can't say I know everything or really a lot about the man. But I know even if there is some validity to the story of his encounter, not everything that claims to be an angel, or at least an angel of God, is that. Satan himself will comedisguised as an angel of light.

II Corinthians 11:13 "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ."

Clearly for these to be false and deceitful they are not apostles of Christ. This is one reason why Christ would say paraphrasing here many would come in His name and to believe them not. There's a lot of people who claim to be not only Christian but to speak to God, for God, have a message from God, or have these gifts, whether it be prophecy, healing, what have you. But does what they say match up with His Word? But what about this transforming themselves?

II Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Now, it amazes me that there are actually some people who read this and believe that Satan is going to be converted. It's actually pretty sad because a child can read from verse 13 to verse 14 and basically reason pretty well that if the people in the previous verse are false and deceitful then it stands to reason Satan is not going to be converted. But even going back to verse 13, what is the definition of an apostle? It is one sent forth by God. Naturally He's not going to send forth fakes, although He will allow them to operate, particularly in this day and age and at the very end during Satan's tribulation. If a person wants to be deceived by not studying God's Word, He will allow that person to be deceived. But also, how can man transform themselves into apostles of Christ? He can't. Man can not save himself. Only Christ can transform one that way.

So then, what is this word transformed in verse 14?The number in the Strong's Greek dictionary is # 3345.

"Metaschematizo, met-ask-ay-met-id-zo; from the Greek #3326, and a derivative of #4976; to transfigure or disguise; fig. to apply (by accommodation): -transfer, or transform (self)." So it is disguised, and naturally in as much as Satan comes disguised as an angel of light, so to do his helpers and children do likewise, whether as fallen angels, or man claiming to be a Christian preacher. So what happens?

II Corinthians 11:15 "Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

It's no great mystery. They all work together in deception, and just as with everyone else they will answer for whatever it is that they do in this life. I don't want to get or didn't mean to get sidetracked on Edgar Cayce, but I would caution anyone from marvelling too much over a man who I fear would lead many astray. I don't judge him, that's up to God. It is in and of itself quite a story. But then so is God's Word.... which does a much better job of providing wisdom, healing, and telling us what's happening and what's going to happen in the world. I would even say that if that's a line by line account that an "angel" showed up to Edgar Cayce (when he was about 13 I believe the story goes) saying he was ready to receive greater wisdom... there is no greater wisdom than what comes out of God's Word. I would say there's also no "new wisdom" for Christ Himself said He's foretold us all things that we need to know in Mark 13:23. So actually, judging by God's Word I would say that Edgar Cayce did not come across an angel if that's the account. I don't want so much to argue and I certainly don't want to get completely off track. I do appreciate the response Sasa.

Jason