View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 02:46 PM   #19
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Let me post some comments from Mark (interviews from when Weathered dropped)

Quote: "Scott writes 90 to 95 per cent of the lyrics, and he was brought up in a real religious family," Tremonti said. "His reference point in spiritual things has always been his studies with the Bible."

Quote: Another interview of mark's
It was great to meet Scott because I never had the patience to write quality lyrics. I would always get an idea for the melody down on my little four-track, I would put in my little Dr. Rhythm drum track. Then I would put down a melody with stupid words, whereas Scott would always have killer words ready for me" -- Mark Tremonti

Quote: "What Scott's real good at is songs like Unforgiven. I could never write a melody over that choppy verse. He is good at doing the choppy stuff like Sister and Unforgiven." -- Mark Tremonti

Quote: From michael himself about MOP...

On the MOP album? The first verse and chorus for Whats This Life For. Chorus for Pity For a Dime. Chorus for My Own Prison(the part he sings). I think thats about it on that cd. Scott handled 90% of the lyrics on that cd. Until recently Mark was more of the melody guy than a lyricist.

Last edited by Shadow : 09-23-2004 at 02:48 PM.