View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 07:55 PM   #65
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Please if you only have negative thoughts about AB and the Creed break up, don't post 'em, man! I love Myles, I think he's a blast! I've been a long time Stapp fan, but I think Myles is a better singer, technically. And to be quite honest I think Stapp've made some stupid mistakes.

And I think Myles did a great job. The sound was awful, that was it. You should come out and see AB on tour, he is such a great guy and awesome singer! I've seen AB once in London and once in Paris. (I'm from Stockholm, Sweden, so yeah, it's a long way to travell, but TOTALLY worth it just to stand there frontrow and see all their shining faces!)

And about the whole reunion thing. Mark said in GuitarOne: "There is no way Creed is getting back together again! Ever! Unless it was for world peace!". It's over, you guys!

Lithium,

No harm meant, I was just expressing my opinion, Myles is a great guy but I really dont see how you can compare him to stapp. The only thing they have in common is that they Both sang with the members of alter bridge. Stapps voice is soothing as it is powerful. Myles shrieks like a nasally Chris Cornell, that may have been great in the eighties but we all know that had it not been for Stapp , creed would have never had the success that it had and if that isn't more evident by the fact that noone really cares about alter Bridge, TV doesn't play them, Radio Doesn't..But yet I hear creed on all forms of radio top 20, alternative, classic rock thats right all formats. Honestly there are two sides to every story, maybe Stapp wasn't the only one at fault. Did you ever think maybe he had a breakdown over negative things in his life and it screwed him up, you never know, Brian Marshall is definitely no saint by any means.... I think the world of mark and I have seen alter bridge in concert, he is a great talent. I think a band like creed comes along once in a lifetime , and granted they disintegrated and yeah mark said never again..but Im sure Eddie Van Halen is eating his words somewhere right now too. Who knows, fact is I would love to hear myles sing some of Stapps songs , in reality I cant see him singing higher, Illusion, Torn,ect. As where I know Stapp can sing A Myles Kennedy tune, theres more screaming than singing if you ask me.

Finally When I saw Bridge in concert Myles is fun and all that but like I have said before as an artist, performer, Front man, Stage presence and overall fan approval Stapp wins hands down! Smoke up..lol