View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #1
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Rediscovering "The Joshua Tree"

Music is supposed to make you feel. When you put on a record, you are supposed to take a breath and enjoy the ride. Today, so much commercial crap is put out on the market. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm sure Ashlee Simpson's "Biography" just puts goosebumps through your soul, but what I'm saying is -- lately, we get more quantity over quality.

So, when I popped in U2's masterpiece "The Joshua Tree" in this afternoon -- and, God, it's been so long! -- imagine how I felt letting those first few minutes of "Where the Streets Have No Name" play as I slowly drifted into it. The emotion, the feelings, the soundscapes, all superb. Not only were U2 starting to evolve their "signature sound" a bit, but they were also working with one of the greatest producers alive: Daniel Lanois.

I listened to the entire thing today, and then hit the repeat button, and have let it play for the last 8 hours. It's perfect, it really is. See for yourself; rediscover this record for yourself. Its time-testing and classic-ness will never be reproduced. Just see for yourself.

-Andrew