Thread: 2012 - 12/21
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: 2012 - 12/21

Geez... I haven't even been by here in a few months and I still get mentioned. I guess I know who my enemies......er friends are.

Personally, it could be something or it could be nothing. It's not as if the Mayan calendar actually said anything about 2012 directly, so we could be completely wrong about the date. That said, with so many people having converted the Mayan calendar to our calendar and pretty much all of them coming up with this big something in 2012, I'd guess the conversion date is probably accurate.

I think the way things are going, we may see 2012 or we may not. I differ from most christians in that I don't believe in the rapture as it's taught, so when I say we may see 2012 or we may not, I'm not talking about that. I am talking about Christ returning though.

But, if we're here in 2012 I don't think it's a religious event, being the return of Christ, the appearance of Antichrist,end of the world, or what have you. We may know the season, but we don't know the exact hour that far in advance. I think if anything at all happens it will be something natural, astrological or solar. It may be significant, or it may be we were wondering what the big deal was. Taking nothing away from the Mayans, but my guess is it will be the latter... if only because it will be hard to live up to all the hype.