View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 10:12 AM   #22
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Human Clay hasen't had the staying power with me as the other two albums have. When I first bought it, it was the best thing since sliced bread but I don't find it as consistent as the other two albums, which is strange since that is levelled at Weathered it seems. With Weathered you have Bullets and Freedom Fighter which give you a good kick up the backside, then the truly epic WGMB and Signs is a good rocker although lyrically weak IMHO.

Then its the commercial rock period but some great songs in OLB, MS and SHWM which has an awesome solo. Weathered is something a little different, Hide was something a little different that turned out great while DSD and Lullaby show a willingness to take a risk and the later while not their greatest song does show Scott's range. MOP would be the clear leader if Sister wasen't on the album. Its not bad but its clearly the weakest track IMHO.

I will agree that the lyrics did seem rushed with Weathered and they should have got someone to take the bass duties. Compare it to the 3rd album from basically any other rock group and it stands tall.

I honestly have the feeling this new album could blow Creed's stuff out of the water........I would have never said that a couple of months ago.