View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 01:36 AM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) Weathered was better then HC IMHO and at about the same level as MOP. HC was not as consistent with songs like Wrong Way and Say I not as good as some of the others (Never Die as well). Weathered went in some different directions and if the process went a bit longer it would have being out of this world. Saying that MOP would be their best album, then Weathered and HC last but by no means least.
Hmmm, gotta disagree with you there about Weathered being on par with MOP. I thought Weathered was wildly inconsisent. It has its moments, but it doesn't come close to the vibe of MOP. I mean, Lullaby?? That just doesn't belong on a rock record. MOP record had a much deeper, darker feel to it than Weathered even came close to. MOP was much more raw lyrically and musically and HC was a notch or two down from MOP in my estimation but still rockin' hard enough for me. Weathered went too commercial and poppy for my liking. It was rushed and I think the label wanted to cash in on the Creed formula as long as it could. Overall, it just doesn't move me the way the other two do. I haven't listened to it in a loooooong time.