View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #67
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I listened to it again last night...and I think I like it even more. I think it's one of those CDs that the more you listen to it, the more you enjoy it. After two listens, I'd have to say my two least favorite tracks are Let Me Go and Sublime. So far, I just can't get into those tracks. The rest of it, though, I really enjoy. It seems to have 7-8 strong tracks, while only having a couple average tracks. I don't think I can really name my favorites right now. It'll take a few more listens before I can do that.

Vocally, I agree, he does sound like he is straining himself on the first track. But I still like that track. And he sounds good on the rest of the album. However, there is no telling how much studio editing they had to do to get him to sound good on the album. Let's hope it was little to none, and that he can put on a killer live show.

Lyrically, it's not as good as say, My Own Prison, but it is better than Weathered. I'm not quite sure if I like it lyrically better than Human Clay. I guess it'll take a few more listens before I can decide that.

Musically, I think Goneblind keeps up pretty well. I mean, they aren't an amazing band, but they do a decent job on the album, far better than I expected them to do. Hats off to them for that.

As far as comparing it to ODR, man, I'm not ready to do that yet. ODR's been out over a year, and I've loved it for about 12 months. It took me a couple of months to really get into that album. I anticipate that I'll need a couple of months to really compare the two albums, in terms of how much I like it. But, you have to remember that the two CDs are very different. The lyrics(on TGD) are nothing like ODR's, the music isn't like ODR's and the vocals sure as heck aren't.

Anyway, so far I really like this CD, and could potentially love it with some more listens.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!