View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:48 AM   #1
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
OMG! I touched Blackbird!!!

So I was at work (Target) today, working in the Electronics dept. & filling the new releases (10/2) endcap. I went to the stockroom to grab them, and the first location I was directed to (for matchbox twenty's Exile in Mainstream) also had about 10 copies of Blackbird sitting in it, waiting to be stocked Tuesday morning. Needless to say, my heart stopped momentarily. I was very tempted to grab a copy and buy it, since I doubt anyone who would've sold it to me would've known, and the cash register software doesn't recognize items that haven't yet reached their "street-date." But I figured they'd have some way of knowing or finding out how it'd gotten stolen, and since I'm applying for a higher position in the electronics dept, I figured it wasn't in my best interest. I mean, I've already listened to the whole album already, so what's a few more days to be able to wait to open up the real thing and flip through the booklet? Besides, I'm probably going to go to Best Buy, since I saw they advertised they'll have a version w/ 2 Bonus Tracks, for a mere $7.99. It's like a sun-burned woody: you just can't beat it.