View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #187
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Ive made this statement many times, and i will make it one more time. I think that stapp shouldnt do any creed songs. Basically because that is utter disrespect to Alter Bridge
why should he care about alter bridge fans?
Quote: and Creed fans.
If creed fans pay to hear his concert knowing that he will play a couple creed songs, they probably don't mind.
Quote: Think about it. If you were in a highly sucessful band, sold millions of albums, made millions of dollars, then split up, would you want one of the other members of the band capitalizing off of your blood, sweat, and tears.
how would he be capitalizing off it? I doubt he will sell many tickets to people who want to sit through the majority of a concert just to hear 1 or 2 songs at the end. They will most likely be paying to hear his new stuff. A couple of covers will just be a bonus.
Quote: Last i checked, Scott stapp doesnt play guitar (very well) drums, or bass....So what gives Goneblind the right to play the backing instruments to the songs that Tremonti, Flip, and Marshall made. Its absurd to think that stapp would do that. Before you think that what im saying is "one sided" think about what you would do if you and one of your friends wrote an awesome story for literature class, and then the next day your friend walked into the classroom, handed in the entire story, and got credit for something that you worked on as well.
How would credit be taken away from the other guys? Nobody can replace them. Plus from another thread, I think it is the consensus that gone blind sucked playing Higher for the nascar awards (I thought they did too). Unless they just didn't have time to practice it enough, I don't think many people will want to hear Creed songs with that setup. I don't think it is absurd that the former lead singer covers a few songs for the fans if it doesn't suck like previously mentioned. Probably won't ever be the same or as good, but it might be cool with a decent band behind him.