View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 07:44 AM   #64
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Who wrote the lyrics for the songs of Creed?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I think Mark said in a past interview that it was Scott who always got the last say on everything. As much as I respect Scott on a professional level, he does strike me as the sort of person who would 'spit his dummy out' if he didn't get his own way.

All you have to do is look at how heavy ODR is compared to HC and Weathered. Mark even had to build his guitar work around Scott. He probably felt trapped and wanted more freedom to express himself doing what he loved most.

Mark, Scott and Brian all felt the 'Iron Fist' of Stapp and decided to leave when they'd had enough. Saying that, would Creed have had the same success if Stapp hadn't put his foot down all the time?

Take Care

Thank you Robin for pointing that out... I'm not alone. I don't remember were I read it but I've read it too... And that just proves that Creed was a "Stapps interests first" projekt.

Prophetman, seeing how AB will be playing with Metallica, Guns n Roses, Alice In Chains and Tool their career together is taking off. Stapp on the otherhand will suceed on playing the Creed songs and that's it. And hopefully AB will switch from Screw-Up to hopefully their own record lable so that they are in charge of their own music.