View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 07:05 PM   #1
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed song that hit you hard the first time you heard it

I think the Creed song that hit me the hardest the first time I heard it was My Own Prison. It was probably mid-2000 (I only had the Human Clay album then) and I heard it on the radio for the first time, and I was amazed at how deep and spiritual the lyrics were, and how they tied in with exactly how my life was going at the time. I was trying to blame others, but, until then, I never stopped to realize that I'd "created my own prison." After that, I bought MOP, and Creed became my favorite band.

A song that didn't hit me hard when I first heard it, but does now is Wash Away Those Years. I thought it was good, but I never connected with it because I didn't know anyone firsthand that went through something of that magnitude. A couple months ago, I learned one of my friends from high school was raped during our senior year It hit me so hard, I never knew. Now I really love that song, and I've realized it's true that "tragedy strikes at home."

Anyway, sorry for babbling. I'd love to hear your guy's thoughts, and what songs have meant a lot to you the first time you heard them.
--Chevelle, "Don't Fake This"

"It feels so good to reunite,
Within yourself and within your mind.
Let's find peace there..."
--Creed, "My Sacrifice"