View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #19
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) If you call that bashing, they've been bashing him a lot! To me bashing is calling someone a "Fucking asshole". And I think Brian has bashed Stapp by calling him "Pathological fuckingar lair". But we were talking about Mark bashing Stapp. Not AB, Mark. And I never think Mark has.

I think both sides are telling their side of the truth. Although I chose to believe AB more than Stapp. Since Stapp changes his stories a lot I find it hard to believe some of the things he says.

One example is that last year Mark was "Uncle Mark to my baby boy and I don't see why this break-up would end a friendship. And I still keep contact with them, I still talk to them. And I'm sure there will be another Creed record out down the road".

Now Mark is a fucking asshole, and a "So-called friend". He has only spoken to them through laywers and it said in the lyrics on Weathered that "This is the last album that I'm making with these guys". And also he claims: "I was Creed. They didn't want to split the money when I wrote all the songs". - (Which Mark did - lair)

Another example is when Stapp said in a radio interview, (I'm sorry, I can't remember which one, but I'm sure if you ask for it on PBF, the chicks who runs it will know what you mean)., Anyway... He said that he and Mark had sat down over the phone and chose the songs that would feature on the Greatest Hits CD. When Mark himself claims he didn't want to release that record. And it says in the booklet that some guy Ryan Smith was the one who chose the setlist. I mean, you can't possibly explain that with something that doesn't lead you to the fact that on some level he must have been lying.

It's his way to all of a sudden change his stories that makes me doubt some of the things he says. But sure, I don't think he's lying about everything. I think he's often telling his side of the truth. But I just don't think he's a easy person to be around or work with. (As AB have said 1000 of times). In the last interview I heard with him he told a story very simmular to ABs story. Which is good in one way. And yet worse in another... Although he was telling a simmular story he had changed his whole mind about this break-up, and that's just worse. He changes his stories so often you don't know what to believe.

Dude, you need to get hold of yourself. It's all gonna be ok.

For one thing, last year was just that. LAST YEAR. Last year, AB hadn't gone on the Stapp bashing bandwagon to the degree that it eventually wound up. Has it ever occured to you that Stapp's feelings have changed since then? I know if it were me they had been talking about in the capacity that they did for a year, I'd sure talk to them through lawyers only too.

Stapp never said that Mark was a "fucking asshole" in that interview, the dj said it. That was brought up to you in another thread. Nowhere in the Weathered lyrics, or by Stapp's own admission did he ever say that it was the last Creed album he would ever do with the guys. That point was also brought up to you in another thread. What he did say is..."Creed was over after Human Clay", "listen to the lyrics on Weathered". If your gonna take the time to listen to the interviews that Stapp gives and then rip on him about it, then at least get what you quote correct.

So, Phillips said basically the same thing about Stapp. "I use the term "friend" loosely". If it worked for him at that time, then it should work for Stapp now.

The setlist choices, well hmmm, maybe Mark and Stapp just couldn't agree. It was very apparent that Mark didn't like the idea about the GH release. So maybe they him-hawed about it and just finally gave up and let someone else choose. Just because Stapp made the statement that they chose the list doesn't mean he's flat out lying dude, just maybe means that they didn't finalize it and someone else did.

Mark has changed his story so many times, imo he's a joke. "We broke up because....", "I don't want to point fingers but.....", "Well, we had problems with Stapp because.....", "I don't know what happend....".etc, etc, etc.

As for the "big head" comment made by Stapp, or rather the "head swelling" comment, oh I think Stapp's right. Mark said himself that most of the lyrics/music on the the AB cd were actually written while on the Weathered tour and imo, he may have thought that they were going to be used on the next Creed album. That didn't happen. Hence the comment by Stapp, "they didn't want to share the money".

You believe AB's side of the story. I believe Stapp's. Your opinion counts dude, and so does mine because we all have our own thoughts, and differing opinions.