View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #45
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
[quote=titan9]First off, lol, I am kind of a musician. I've been writing song lyrics for a year now and am learning to play acoustic guitar as well. I might eventually take up another instrument, but for now, I'm focusing on acoustic and then I'll buy myself an electric and try to shred like Mark.

Quote: Secondly, I wouldn't say that Stapp likes less in depth music.

Well that's the impression I have gotten. I could be wrong. Although I know he likes softer music.

Quote: You do know that he is a big fan of U2, right?

Yeah.

Quote: He also was/is a big fan of the Doors.

Yeah. although, I do not really like the Doors.

Quote: I haven't really listened to much Doors stuff, but I do know that U2 has some pretty in depth, creative music. It's possible that Stapp forced Tremonti to cut back on his soloing, as Stapp himself has said that he isn't a big fan of solos.

Exactly. This is Creed, not U2. Solos should fit into this type of music, and Stapp obviously did not want them.

Quote: But, Tremonti is his own man, so I kinda doubt he'd let Stapp tell him what to do when it comes to playing his guitar.

Well Mark DID say that Scott was always complaining about the solos, and he also said that "to kick Scott out of the band would have been career suicide", so you never know.

Quote: However, he would have to listen to Wind-up, so that's why I think Wind-Up is to blame.

I wish WU would crash and burn.