View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 04:52 PM   #43
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yup, exactly. MOP is still an awesome album, imo. I hadn't listened to it in a few months(really, I haven't listened to many of my older CDs lately, because I've been on a new CD buying binge, lol) when I pulled it out a couple of days ago and popped it into my CD player. I'm still blown away by that CD today, I mean, every song on there is at least good, with at least a few great songs. It's just great stuff and I wish that every Creed critic would sit down and just listen to MOP with an open mind. I can pretty much guarantee that if they go into it with an open mind, they'll have a different perspective on Creed.

I agree with that as well. Stapp is clearly hated by some(not all, though) Creed fans who have now become Alter Bridge fans. As an unbiased fan of both Stapp and Alter Bridge, it's kinda disappointing how the tides have turned. But I can see why some Stapp-bashers dislike him: they don't like him because he has an "ego"; they don't like him because he'll be playing Creed songs on tour; they don't like him because they feel that he was the one who broke up Creed; they don't like him because he has taken so long to put out a solo CD etc. Of course, like you mentioned, there are some who bash Stapp just because it has become popular. As for me, I'm going to just keep patiently waiting for the solo CD.

Yeah, when I said people bashing him, i meant people that think it is cool, right now one thread was closed --cause it was clearly created to bash Stapp.

Of course I know he's giving some bad reasons to people dislike him--promises and delays, statements about the Creed's breakup...and I can understand it, but I cant understand when someone bashes Stapp or Creed or even AB just because its cool...its popular..
IT's ridiculous.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too