View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 10:03 AM   #28
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
WeatheredWoman, what great names for your pets, I especially like the rats names. I've never had one, but I hear that they make really good pets, very loving.

Here is another one of my pet stories, that I tell to the children I work with.

For many years I had a bird named Sunshine. She was a very bright yellow color, a Lutino parakeet. I had found her lost, starving to death, and hiding in a woodpile for safety.

Bringing her into the house for the first time, she was riding on my raised arm. My little dog Molly took one look at her and made a leap that I have never seen her do since. She grabbed this little bird's tail, and pulled out all the feathers. Molly had a mouthful of feathers, Sunshine had a bare butt, and I was in shock.

I was worried that the relationship in our household would be dangerous for this little bird, but I had nothing to worry about. Biding her time, Sunshine waited. The next time Molly got close, Sunshine grabbed her by the end of the nose and wouldn't let go. Molly was squealing, and trying to shake her off, and Sunshine was attached like glue. Finally letting Molly's nose go, Sunshine strutted off the winner. She was the boss, and Molly knew it. Sunshine's tail grew back, and for the rest of her life, she teased that poor little dog every chance she got. And she got such a kick out of doing it.