View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 08:00 AM   #23
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
whitebird, I'm so sorry that woman said that to you. I've always been an animal lover and we've always had pets in the family ever since I was a kid.

My parents have a golden retriever, his name is Sam. One time I was at their house taking care of him while they were on vacation and I remember being upset about something. I was sitting on the couch crying and he came over to me, looking at me with those big brown eyes, letting me know that he was there. It was like he was trying to comfort me and let me know I wasn't alone. When I go and visit, he always is so loving. He's like my baby. Whenever I'm there, I always give him a big hug and lots of love!! And yes, he sheds but I don't care. He loves to lean up against me and put his head against me too. He is such a great dog!!

The other story is about my sister's dog, Casey, who we lost almost a year ago. When he got sick last year, we had a neighbor check on him while we had to be at work. Our neighbor told us that when she asked him if he wanted some more water, he look at his water dish like he knew exactly what she was saying. He was such a smart dog!!

Thanks for all of the great stories, everyone. I enjoyed reading them.

Relearn Love