View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 08:29 PM   #18
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I know. Hasn't he said before that the last time he spoke to Stapp was February of 2004? Or was that Stapp saying it.
It was Mark. Mark made that comment after Scott said he has spoken to them since the break-up. Mark said the last time they spoke was in February (of 2004). So I don't know how he now claims he didn't speak to him since Oct. 2003. The story has changed yet again.

Also note that Mark said he didn't write a song with Scott for the 5 years before writing for Weathered. Well, that would mean that they didn't write a song together since 1996 (considering Weathered was written in early 2001). I don't understand how that can be considering WAWO was written in the Spring of 1998. This is just one example of the discrepancies in this article. There are a number of things that do not add up.

I am not saying that Scott was never at fault and he was the perfect angel. He wasn't. He has admitted himself that he did things he never should have. Here - another quote from Scott (he is talking about Jagger):
Quote: And, I tell ya, it’s the best thing that ever happened to me and probably one of the only reasons I’m alive right now; because I was on a path of making stupid mistakes and self-destructiveness and...You know, sometimes I wonder if I wouldn’t have been so fortunate to be alive if he wasn’t born. It really shapes you up.
Quote: HM Mag: Well, how does it feel from being the number one best-selling rock band in the world to kind of being a punching bag in the alternative music press?

Well, I don’t live my life based on other people’s opinion.

And nobody can take away my achievements and what I’ve accomplished, and no one can take away my fans, and all the positivity that they’ve shown us and given us.
You’ve just gotta be who you are. If being in Creed wasn’t cool, I’ll be uncool for the rest of my life.

You can see the full article here: HM Magazine interview

I just don't see the point for Mark and the others to keep bringing up the past. Scott went to hell and back. He is trying to rebuild his life. Let him.

Titan I am impressed with your posts and appreciate the fact that you have not been drawn into all the negativity regarding Scott. You are right in pointing out that Scott has not publicly said a negative word about his ex-bandmates. In EVERY radio interview he did in October he spoke glowingly of Mark. You can find audio for all these interviews at PBF.

Here is a quote directly from Scott:
Quote: "I'm not about to air my family laundry and be negative about people I love and have shared so many experiences and memories with."
You can find the full article that quote was from here: Scott Stapp interview

Last edited by Shadow : 01-20-2005 at 08:34 PM.