Thread: Stapp Confesses
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 06:01 PM   #9
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp Confesses

I actually had thoughts about Stapp being an alcholist. I never wanted to post them, 'cause I knew I couldn't back them up with any facts, and people would just get pissed off... But now when he puts it this way... I can finally understand him.

Creed actually seems to be quite a sad story. For some reason I can't stop thinking about Romeo And Juliet! Problably because I read that script a few weeks ago, but still... And I have to agree with Stapp, I don't think Creed was right for Mark either. Yes, he is a genuis, but now that he's in Alter Bridge, it's easy to tell he wasn't happy with Creed. I remember Flip saying in an interview that Mark have said: "I want you to come play with me, but only if we do at least two heavy metal songs". And now he's doing A LOT more soloing! But the reason he didn't do that in Creed, I think, is because; when they started out he wasn't that good. He said that himself in the latest TotalGuitar interview. And then when he became a good soloist Creed already had a style, and it was very hard to fit guitar solos into that style.

It's a shame though, that Americans, and at some points the world's most popular rockband never agreed. These guys all reached their top of their careers unsatisfied.

"Even if you loved us or hated us... Remember us" --Flip

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor