Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #51
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Okay, I mentioned that I was going to talk a little about Jerusalem's destiny. I have a little bit of limited time, so we'll go with that a little. I do want to make a mention of that last verse where it asks where the flock went. Well, naturally they went into captivity. Historically it was captivity to literal Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar. Prophetically it will be spiritual Babylon and Antichrist. He's going to set up camp in Jerusalem. But let's get back to the chapter and try to at least come close to finishing it.

Jeremiah 13:21 "What wilt thou say when He shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?"

This is kind of saying that the people that you taught and ultimately chose to be over you have lead you down the wrong path. That many times is going to obviously be bad priests, bad supposed teachers of the Word and they teach traditions of men. But it can even refer certainly to kings and heads of state. You know right here in this nation we have an election every four years, and in 2008 we had one in which we elected someone who didn't have a lot going for him other than personal charisma and being the opposite party of what many people came to believe caused a mess. Well, I know some people in 2012 who have and have had for some time a bit of buyer's remorse over the way they voted in 2008. Not everyone, and I don't want to get too political here. But the point is, if you have a leader over you who is not the most competent around, you're going to have problems. Obviously any woman who's experienced it knows about labor pains. Well, this world itself is experiencing some labor pains too as we come closer and closer to the end of this age. Stay awake, and stay tuned.

Jeremiah 13:22 "And if thou say in thine heart, Wherefore come these things upon me? For the greatness of thine iniquity are thy skirts discovered, and thy heels made bare."

This is basically very spiritual and it's saying that Judah, and anyone who takes part, was a harlot spiritually speaking. Whether than staying faithful to the true Christ, they married themselves to the false one, or will, and not only will there be some rough punishment and correction, it's going to be out in the open to everyone what they did.

Jeremiah 13:23 "Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil."

Naturally it is impossible for one to change the color of their skin or for a leopard to change or remove its spots. So too is it impossible, unfortunately, for one who is taught and trained to do evil to turn around and do good... ON THEIR OWN. It's not impossible for God, and it's not impossible for them if they repent and follow Him instead of their false religions and false traditions. But man can no more change himself or save himself than a leopard can change its spots. Part of it is because they actually believe, many of them, that they're doing right. But it unfortunately is the exact opposite.

Jeremiah 13:24 "Therefore will I scatter them as the stubble that passeth away by the wind of the wilderness."

And so He did. He scattered the 10 northern tribes and He scattered the tribes of Judah and Benjamin to where it was not until 1948 that some of them returned to and reclaimed their home land.

Jeremiah 13:25 "This is thy lot, the portion of thy measures from me, saith the LORD; because thou hast forgotten me, and trusted in falsehood."

Don't ever forget your Father, and certainly don't ever trust or confide in something else over Him. It is good to have friends, to take advice if it's good advice. But He created your very soul, and there's no one in the universe who cares more about you or is more intelligent than Him.

Jeremiah 13:26 "Therefore will I discover thy skirts upon thy face, that thy shame may appear." Again, out in the open. They'll be asking the mountains to fall upon them to hide them. But it will be known. A sad time to be sure.

Jeremiah 13:27 "I have seen thine adulteries, and thy neighings, the lewdness of thy whoredom, and thine abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe unto thee, O Jerusalem! wilt thou not be made clean? when shall it once be?"
Well, rest assured, He will make it right and clean it up. What a time that will be.

Jason