View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #44
multifast1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
shunammite, AWESOME post in my humble opinion. It might not mean much coming from me, but thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts down so eliquently. That is partly what I was trying to say but never really got to that because of all the other crap I got caught up in discussing (my own dang fault!).

I just think some of the vices and pressure of it all started to get to him and has changed him in a negative way. That's only from my perception from what I've seen from the outside looking in. Obviously some haven't seen it that way, but I can tell you from what I've seen at other boards and at concerts (not just Creed concerts either) that there's just as many people that have similar impressions of Stapp's change as who don't think so.

Dogstar, I certain can't speak for the others who've "bashed" Stapp... but I for one have been on various Creed-related boards for over three years now posting on occasion.. on all sorts of subjects to do with Creed. Sorry, I haven't been at this board but give me a break. In retrospect, posted to this thread as my first post here wasn't an Einstein idea, but it happened to be the first I read and felt I had something to contribute on. Btw, I have written letters to the band in the past thanking them for all the songs and inspiration they've provided over the years and written one to Mark with condolensences on his mother's death.. I'm not some johnny-come-lately.

You and others keep asking for "proof" as to why I think Stapp has changed for the worst in his attitude.. there is no smoking gun that you're looking for. If it was fact, there would be no debate. It's an opinion I've formed from lots of different things. No one thing by itself would make me think that way, but put them together and I have a pretty strong impression of him. I'm not talking about weight gain either.. If you want a couple that come to mind, I'd say the Chicago concert made the biggest impression (yes, I was there), the Celebrity Poker event, and the multiple news articles of the fights he has gotten into over the years. Like I said, those coupled with the various other little things I've picked up on from interviews and seeing him on TV have just given me bad vibes. Do I hate him? No. Do I hope he has continued success musically? YES. Do I want him to get his act together (imho) and make Creed an even better band? Hell f'in YES!