View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 11:20 PM   #39
multifast1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) What irritates me so much, not that you were addressing me, but I have an answer anyway , is that you weren't around to *share* your opinions of him as a person while there was no controversy around. Anytime something negative happens with the band, like Scott's weigh gain (rollseyes), the supposed break-up or something else, all the people who have a *bad impression* of him as a person come out of the freaken woodwork. What, you don't have the cajones to express your opinions when things are going well? Unless you know the man personally, it's pretty hard to be a judge of his character or what he does on a day-to-day basis. You can judge him on his performance and what you perceive through interviews, but that's about it.

At the risk of pissing people off with redundancy, I will say this again for the umpteenth time: Worship the music, not the musician.

Dogstar, My negative impressions of Stapp did only form over the last couple years since that when I think he started changing in his attitude. Before the Weathered tour I didn't see much of him publicly to be honest. Yes, people do come out of the woodwork, so to speak, when there's controversy because most people who view these boards (not necessarily this one but fan boards in general) come for information and to discuss things that are happening... not just to profess their love for the band. Only a small percentage of viewers are regular posters.

And all I've done is exactly what you've said.. judge him on his performances and interviews. Nothing more. And if you actually practiced what you preach (Worship the music, not the musician)... you wouldn't even care two shakes about this whole subject.. at least not enough to respond as much as you have.