View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 12:42 AM   #7
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Just a note: you contradict yourself in your first two paragraphs. Your own speculation is in fact rumor since speculation is based upon non-factual points.

Could be. But my speculation is based upon fairly well-known facts (i.e. the "breakup" and that Brian has joined the new band). I'm trying to logically piece together why those facts happened. I'm not claiming my speculation is true, so I'm not really spreading rumors. Rumors are "unverified information received from another." I'm not repeating any unverified information. I'm trying to explain known facts as I see it, not introduce false ones.

It's like the difference between saying "I think Michael Jackson molested those children because he has the psyche of a child" and "Micheal Jackson beat those children with a wodden stick." One is an opinion, and the other is baseless, unverified rumor.

Am I splitting hairs? Perhaps. Perhaps not. Like I said, it's my opinion -- my interpretation. It's not necessarily true, and it's not necessarily false. Take it or leave it.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed