View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 10:46 PM   #47
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrummer) Depends. From a musiccal perspective, its still modern rock, and modern rock is considered by many to... suck. I must admit I am getting farther and farther away from modern rock.

Yeah, I'll agree, most of modern rock stinks. But there are still some real good bands. You just have to look past Rock radio to find'em.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrummer) Indeed, you just about described me before Mark started letting loose all the info. Now I think that Stapp has a whole crapload of problems, and that Tremo has a big mouth. I mean, I understand that people specifically ask him these questions, but he could just say that he enjoyed his time with Creed, wants to move on, and out of respect for all parties involved he doesn't want to get into it. The only thing I really don't mind him commenting on is the Creed Greatesst Hits, because that is a public release and he has all the rights in the world to tell everyone he disagreed with it.

That's pretty much what I've been saying, regarding Mark. I've been wishing for a while now that he would answer more positively when it comes to a question about Creed. Instead of saying how much of a jerk Stapp was, Mark could just say that he doesn't want to comment about the past. Saying that, I think, reflects well on Mark.

I partially agree about Stapp. He DID/DOES have quite a few problems, but I think that he has fixed some of those problems and is working on the remaining problems.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrummer) Well Mark DID say that Scott was always complaining about the solos, and he also said that "to kick Scott out of the band would have been career suicide", so you never know.

I never said he had to kick Scott out of the band. If he was so upset at Scott about the lack of solos, then Mark could have done something about it. He didn't have to listen to Scott.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrummer) I wish WU would crash and burn.

Well, I'm kinda torn about that. WU has given me(and many others) some awesome bands and awesome music, but on the other hand, they really stink at promotion. It seems like only their "biggest" bands get promotion, while the less popular bands get nothing. Look at 12 Stones. They released Potter's Field last August and didn't even do that much of a tour in support of it. They just did 5 or 6 dates this summer, but nothing major. Now, instead of touring more, they're working on a new CD. Apparently WU is "disappointed" with the sales for PF. Well, gee, if they don't get any promotion and don't get much radio airplay, then how the heck are they going to sell a bunch of records? It's common sense.

Man, I think I set a new record today for number of agreements. I think I agreed with almost every post posted in this thread today.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!