View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 08:03 PM   #72
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Actually, I thought he sounded good(vocally) at the Nascar awards. The backing music, though, stunk. We'll see how his voice holds up once he starts touring again.

I won't. I shall not be going to see him. lol

Quote: if Ashlee Simpson's CD can sell 400,000 in its first week, then why can't Stapp's CD?

Because Ashlee Simpson has a bunch of 12-24 year olds too dumb to realize they are wasting money. 12-14 year olds don't even know who Stapp is anymore.

Quote: There are still diehard Stapp fans out there who might purchase more than one copy.

lol

Quote: There are still Creed fans out there who will buy this CD.

Uh, obviously. i.e. you. lol

Quote: There'll be new fans who will be like "I like his new single, so I think I'm gonna buy the new CD."

I hope for the sake of musical intelligence everywhere that this is not the case... lol. I can't see anyone wanting to buy his CD because of this single.

Quote: I think WU is gonna promote the heck out of Stapp(they'd be stupid not to promote the heck out of a guy who was a member of the band that put this label on the map)

And since when has WU begun convincing you that they AREN'T stupid?

Quote: I think if he can be a successful solo artist, so can Stapp.

Depends on what successful means. I certainly can't see him moving a million albums in under a year...

Quote: I never got that comparison.

Lol, do you live under a rock?! I couldn't get away from peopel telling me Alter Bridge was just Creed with a new guy who sounds exactly like Stapp... lol

Quote: To me, even in that song, he sounded nothing like Stapp.

Well he certainly sounds nothing like Stapp on any of the other songs. On OYE he doesn't so much sound liek stapp as he doesn't sound unique at all. And since the rest of the song sounds just like Creed, the voice just starts to as well, if you have never heard any other songs.

Quote: It's the same thing with that Vedder/Stapp comparison.

Titan I respect you, but saying Stapp and Vedder are as far apart as Stapp and Myles...

Quote: I think anyone with half a monkey's brain could tell the difference between those two.

First off, stop insulting monkeys, they are probably more intelligent than the mainstrea music audience. Second, most people CAN'T distinguish between the two. Third, they sound REALLY REALLY REALLY alike. Can I tell the difference? Sure. Easily. Just like I can tell the difference between Natalie Portman and Keira Knightly, but they still look a LOT alike!

Quote: Even my 5 year old niece can.

I suspect your five year old neice has better musical knowledge than half the peopel in the U.S.