View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:48 PM   #61
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well I don't mean HE won't do anything. I mean, this song is not going to bash down doors for him. He might get some people from the same audience, but I don't think he will sell that many records. Gold, maybe platinum after a while.

No, it's definitely not an innovative song. The critics will probably dislike it, but who cares what the critics think.

As for sales, I honestly see this album selling 200,000-400,000 in its first week. A bold prediction, I know, but I think the radio is going to gobble it up. An even bolder prediction is that I think it'll go platinum within 9 months of its release. I just have a great feeling about the CD.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Remember, OYE was EXTREMELY radio friendly and look what happened there.

The thing with OYE and AB-and it pains me to say this, being the Myles and AB fan that I am-is that Myles does not have a radio friendly voice. Maybe a Rock Radio friendly voice, but definitely not a Pop radio friendly voice. Unfortunately, most that listen to Pop do not appreciate the technically great singers like Myles. I think AB will have an even better amount of success on the radio with the next CD-Rock radio that is.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I think the one thing I was hoping for was good lyrics. Cuz that is what he is, the vocalist. In AB I hope for unique riffs and good solos, in other bands you look for different things, etc. etc. I was hoping at least that he'd give some good lyrics but although they could have been worse I was extremely dissapointed by them. I think he even did better on HC, and everyone knows my opinion of that album...

Like I've stressed, don't judge the CD based on one song. I think he'll be much better lyrically on the rest of the CD.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!