View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #90
Justify
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: More trouble for Scott Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I think the reason why realistic debates and different opinions aren't so much allowed there is because PBF is trying hard to keep a positive place. If that means censoring the members, they are probably willing to do that and have done that in the past. Honestly, given what has happened to so many Creed forums(regarding the overwhelming amount of Stapp bashers/haters), I can't blame them all the much for wanting to keep a positive environment. When you think about it, it is really the only Creed/Stapp related forum that has been kept positive. Depending on your perspective, you're either going to think this is a bad thing or it is a good thing.

If you have read the forums at PBF, you will see that people are allowed to post different opinions. Take, for instance, the member known as Greed over at PBF. He/she has voiced his/her opinion concerning Stapp, and it has not been a very positive one. Still, PBF's staff has not banned Greed; they have simply disagreed with his/her opinion.

I know those who go over there and post a differing opinion on Stapp probably feel as though they are getting "jumped all over" when several PBF'ers post messages disagreeing with their opinion. Really, considering the fact that probably 95% of PBF's members are huge Stapp fans(and there is nothing wrong with that, mind you), it is to be expected to be in the minority when saying something negative about Stapp.

The opposite is found here. I'd say that there are only probably 2-10 active members who are huge Stapp fans and will still defend him, whether it is his music or his personality or both. Meanwhile, there are many more people here who have stopped defending him and aren't really fans of him anymore. When you post an anti-Stapp message here, chances are you'll have 5-20 people posting in agreement, with only a few posting in disagreement. Again, that is to be expected given the ratio of huge Stapp fans and anti-Stapp fans here.

I guess the bottom line is this: if you are a huge Stapp fan, and want to be in a very positive Stapp-filled environment, join PBF. If you're a Stapp basher, you'd be better served staying here and not posting at PBF...unless you want to have to defend your opinion to 20 different people. And if you're somewhere in the middle, like myself, you'll occasionally post at PBF while mainly posting here. I'm still a fan of Stapp's music, but I cannot condone his actions. Thus, I like the fact that I can come on Creedfeed, vent my frustrations regarding Stapp, and not have to defend my opinion to 20 different people.

I couldn't have stated it better. I like both forums. I like this one because of the huge differences in opionion. It make it very enjoyable to read. And I like PBF because I can go there an find out more positive things about Stapp. I don't mind that other people don't like Stapp. Everyone has their opinion. Personally I like his new record. I think he means to be a good guy but he does make a lot of mistakes and so do we all. I like Alter Bridge too. I don't think PBF censors anyone... I think, as you stated that most Stapp haters don't go there because of the atmosphere.