View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 05:07 PM   #7
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'm from San Diego and a HUGE Padre fan. Since our neighboring city to the south is Tijuana, steriods are very easy to get for some of these athletes. Ken Caminiti is a good example of this. Although he was one of the greatest Padres in the history of the ballclub, he really tarnished his image by using steriods and ultimately becoming an alcoholic and drug addict. He was great athlete... but look at what happened to him. I'm positive that steriods were a contributing factor to his early death. I'm remember seeing Sammy Sosa play when I was a kid. The man was some skinny Dominican guy... now look at him. The same with Bonds... look at him during his Pittsburgh Pirates days... and look at how fast he was around those bases. He was lanky. The man is not and will never be as good as Babe Ruth. Could you image what the Babe could've done if he was around today? He would have around 900 homeruns, at least. Look at what poor shape he was in for most of his career... and look at how many wins he had as a pitcher and how many homeruns he had. It's amazing. Look at how thin Ted Williams was... and look at how amazing of a hitter he was. Same with Cobb and Dimaggio. Now don't get me wrong, I think Bonds is a phenomenal hitter and player (I've seen him play many times), but I firmly believe that he's on steriods. I also don't think that he should get away with what he's doing either. It's cheating and it's sending a bad message to high school and college players. It's telling them that they don't have a shot at being drafted by a major league team UNLESS the juice up and become massive men. I played high school ball and I've seen teammates use the stuff because people judge by home runs more than batting average these days. The prestige of baseball needs to be saved from this garbage.