Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #50
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Alright, continuing on then. We're going to have a warning or exhortation by Our Father given through Jeremiah, and later on, perhaps not today, we'll get into Jerusalem's destiny.

But let's pick it up with our next verse.

Jeremiah 13:15 "Hear ye, and give ear; be not proud: for the LORD hath spoken."

You know, that was kind of that crowd's whole problem when Jeremiah addressed them. Was it not? They were too proud to give ear. "Oh we know the bottles will be filled with wine. Why would we not know that. We're "enlightened". Well, they actually were spiritually drunk and in a stupor, or would be. Again friends, if the Lord says something, pay attention. Like it or not, it's always for your own benefit when you follow it.
Jeremiah 13:16 "Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness."

Did you catch that? Did you catch that way out and that warning before the storm? How do I avoid destruction? Give glory to God. Love Him. Learn from Him and be guided by Him through His Word. What is that Psalm often recited at funerals? Psalms 23:4 "Yea thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me. Friend, He's your best defense and your greatest advocate in this world. If He's with you, you can have darkness and dark mountains all around you, let there will always be a light to guide your path personally. Do you believe that? I hope you do, because it's the truth. But if you feel like you're too important that you can't be bothered to hear and read His Word, then you'll be lost in that darkness.
Jeremiah 13:17 "But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the LORD's flock is carried away captive."

This is Jeremiah speaking but it could almost be tied to Our Father as well. It hurts Him when people will not listen to His Word. Why? Because He needs the attention? No, because He loves His children! He wants to see them do well and be protected and blessed. But if their pride leads them to say that they don't need to pay attention to God, then He'll let them be carried away captive. It happened to all of Israel and Judah. It will happen to most of the world when Satan arrives as Antichrist, coming to "save them". The problem being is he's a fake, and had they paid attention and listened to God, they would have known that. It hurts God, it hurts one close to God, like a member of His election, to see people so spiritually deceived. It really does.
Jeremiah 13:18 "Say unto the king and to the queen, Humble yourselves, sit down: for your principalities shall come down, even the crown of your glory."

Historically during Jeremiah's time this applied to King Jehoiachin, and his mother, the queen, as recorded in II Kings 24:12-15. After just 3 month's time, they had lost their power and rank and were taken to Babylon.

Prophetically or currently, it can apply to any individual, any king, any nation. Certainly there will come a time in which Christ sits as king of kings and lord of lords over all, and that will be good. But before that time, we're going to have a fake fooling most of the world, and from that time to when Christ does arrive, it's going to be a humbling time, and unfortunately one of great shame for many.

Jeremiah 13:19 "The cities of the south shall be shut up, and none shall open them: Judah shall be carried away captive all of it, it shall be wholly carried away captive."

The word "cities" in the text originally actually read eyes. Now isn't that interesting? The eyes of the south shall be shut up, and none shall open them. Spiritual blindness, spiritual slumber, as prophesied in God's Word.
Jeremiah 13:20 "Lift up your eyes, and behold them that come from the north: where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?"

From the North in our time is mostly concerning Russia and those aligned with her. This is North in relation to the land of Judea or Israel. It will certainly be something to watch, as Russia certainly plays a role in these end times.

Jason