Thread: Gone Blind
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
bartpr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Gone Blind

Thanks for the welcome! I guess I need to get on here and read more! I don't know any of the "problems" the scott has to be honest accept for some sex video and getting hammered on stage, but hey, lets not be hipocritical. we've all been hammered and probably would have gotten hammered on stage and caught having sex had we been rock stars! What I feel probably happened is that Scott gave gone blind the option to either play creed songs or hit the road. what would ya'll have done? like it or not, the music mark wrote can be easily played by any good musician and/or copied (like gone blind has), but scotts voice is very unique. no doubt scott's solo album sounds like creed, but its damn good!! gone blind formed about the same time in 95 when creed did and they sounded like creed before creed came out with my own prison. maybe even better. houston really isn't a good place for musicians to start a career, unless your a rapper, but mark and scott got a lucky break in florida and all kinds of doors opened for them at an early stage in their careers. they may have never known what its like to be a starving musician. all i'm saying is that mark shouldn't be pissed at gone blind for playing his music. if mark wants to make new music with alterbridge, so be it, but he shouldn't let his old music die. he should be proud that its still being played and he's moved on.

i haven't really heard any alter bridge. is it any good.