View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #15
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) They're still such a new band, so of course not everyone will know them. Did a bunch of people know about Creed before "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open"? No! In order for a band or an artist to be well-known, they have to achieve a certain level of commercial success. And in order to achieve that success, they need to get really good radio airplay. And in order to get good radio airplay, they need to have radio friendly singles. That gives them really good record sales. Commercial success sells records; talent doesn't always. If AB has a huge hit on Pop radio(like Creed did), they'll be well-known like Creed was. But even if AB doesn't achieve Creed's success(and not that many Rock bands do nowadays), that still does not mean that they aren't as talented as Creed was, and that sure as heck doesn't mean Stapp is superior to them. All it means is that they did not achieve the type of commercial success that Creed did.

Ditto ...by the way (again) your post says everything...Titan
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too