View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 12:30 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Bob Dylan's been putting out stuff for decades and Eddie V's going on tour, so I don't think they are quite so washed up yet. And maybe I should have specified, but I was talking about writing more than playing with regard to talent drying up.

Quote: And yes dogstar it is easy to get emotion and passion in lyrics espically when you live a hard life and know first hand what others have went through and then you deliver your song through how you feel or how you think they feel. Its not a hard thing to grasp.
Well, maybe for you it is. All I'm saying is that not everyone has that talent to convey their emotions and feelings through music. It's not evident in a lot of the music out there today. It doesnt' move me.

And, yes, Mr. Anderson, I, ,too, also know about living a hard life, so why don't you just knock that chip off your shoulder and realize you're not the only person who has had a tough time of it.

I never said you weren't perfectly aware of how to connect with the listener. This is not about YOU. I was saying that many people may have technical skills to play or sing, but if there is no feeling or passion behind it, then it won't work.

I, too, have listened to all kinds of music from different time periods as well, so BFD. It doesn't make you or I any better a judge of what we like in music. With regard to a broader perspective, I meant more about life in general. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I never said you hated Springsteen, either. I know what you said. We just disagree.