View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 12:13 PM   #21
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I disagree, Mr Anderson. Would you say the same thing to Bob Dylan or Bono or Eddie Van Halen? Age has absolutely NOTHING to do with making music. Talent like that doesn't dry up just because a person tacks on a few years. And I think you're dead wrong about how supposedly easy it is to have passion and emotion written into songs. Witness so much of the crap that is on the radio and in the record stores these days. It's all about money, not passion. *People like that* *rolls eyes*. You don't think Bruce Springsteen practiced and worked his ass off playing dives for years before he made it? That's just as dedicated as someone taking lessons and practicing playing. I don't give a crap if you're some virtuoso. If you can't convey emotion in your playing or singing, then you won't succeed in connecting with a listener. It's not about showing off, it's about feeling. And if you really know his early stuff, you would know there is a ton of emotion in his delivery. You really need a broader perspective.

You Speak of Bob Dylan and Eddie Van Halen, but those particular artist haven't recording anything new for awhile. And yes talent does dry up, you get older you get slower and you do lose some ability or speed. And yes dogstar it is easy to get emotion and passion in lyrics espically when you live a hard life and know first hand what others have went through and then you deliver your song through how you feel or how you think they feel. Its not a hard thing to grasp. And yes I know he worked hard for years but his music still is linear to some of these upcoming underground bands. And again I'm and perfectly aware on how to get to the listener, its just that my band hasn't gotten the break like Mr.Springsteen has. Oh yeah and do not talk to me about needing a broader perspective. I garuntee I have listened to more types of music and genres than you ever will. I listened to stuff from the early 20's all the way to the latest stuff today. Trust me I have a wide ass Perspective. One more thing I've heard all of Springsteens albums.

And just for the record. I don't hate Springsteen. I just believe he's an extremely overrated musician. Thats my stance on the whole matter.