View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 11:40 AM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I disagree, Mr Anderson. Would you say the same thing to Bob Dylan or Bono or Eddie Van Halen? Age has absolutely NOTHING to do with making music. Talent like that doesn't dry up just because a person tacks on a few years. And I think you're dead wrong about how supposedly easy it is to have passion and emotion written into songs. Witness so much of the crap that is on the radio and in the record stores these days. It's all about money, not passion. *People like that* *rolls eyes*. You don't think Bruce Springsteen practiced and worked his ass off playing dives for years before he made it? That's just as dedicated as someone taking lessons and practicing playing. I don't give a crap if you're some virtuoso. If you can't convey emotion in your playing or singing, then you won't succeed in connecting with a listener. It's not about showing off, it's about feeling. And if you really know his early stuff, you would know there is a ton of emotion in his delivery. You really need a broader perspective.