View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #12
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) No... no it wasn't. Spider-Man and its sequel are far superior in nearly every aspect, and I'm not a big fan of either. Batman and its first sequel are fine examples of a good comic book movie. X-Men and X2, primarily the latter, are some of the finest comic book adaptations ever produced. Daredevil was an atrocity to American cinema. Ben Affleck is perhaps the most overrated actor currently in film. The action is lackluster and dull, the dialogue atrocious. Quite easily one of the worst films of 2003.

I agree that the first two Batman movies were really good. All the ones after that have basically sucked. The first Spiderman didn't do much for me. I know the direction they were trying to take the dialogue, but I thought it came out too cheezy on film to talk like you would in a comic book. Spiderman 2, however, was a great step-up from the first movie (which hardly ever happens to sequels). X-Men/X-Men 2 were also some good movies. Is there any word yet of a X-Men 3?
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)