View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #61
sina2b
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Here's what I don't understand. You claim that Stapp's influence is more apparent in each disk as time progressed. You also, in earlier posts, equated talent to record sells. Weathered and Human Clay were both multiplatinum disks that resulted in Creed selling out nearly every arena they played at. So, using your logic, Stapp was essential to the success of Creed and created a sound that brought fame to the band. "Open Your Eyes" is also Creedish... as is "Down To My Last." Both Stapp and Tremonti still hold on to the Creed sound because it's what made them famous. I hate to say it... but Alter Bridge will, most likely, never reach the status that Creed once had... and neither will Stapp.

There is no doubt about how their chemistry led to their success, but many factors play a role in a bands success, creed may have not reached the hight they did if they were to form today, you never know. What Im saying is that its really stupid to give stapp any credit for the music on creed, yes he has a good voice and some of his lyrics are really good, but as far as the music Im sure it was all tremonti, mayve after a while he learned something or 2 and then started influencing.

And yes, if I have ever given credit to scott for the music, i have made a mistake, i admit, im sorry.