View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 11:57 PM   #1
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
PRS Single Cut, MUST READ

I found this artical on the web after i was told tonite about PRS getting sued by Gibson because PRS used the copywritten body style of the Les Paul in order to make the Single Cut, as all of you know, is used by mark tremonti, here is the artical:

Gibson Guitar Wins Watershed Trademark Suit

By Ray Waddell

NASHVILLE--Gibson Guitar has won a watershed trademark infringement case against Stevensville, Md.-based guitar company Paul Reed Smith.

Paul Reed Smith is accused with using the body design on Gibson's Les Paul single cutaway guitar without permission.

Judge William J. Haynes of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee last week ruled that Paul Reed Smith infringed Gibson's valid trademark.

Gibson had claimed that the PRS "Singlecut" guitar infringed on the company's trademark which is registered for its Les Paul single cutaway guitar.

Included in the claim is the fact that the PRS model unjustly used the Les Paul design and would cause confusion in the marketplace and damages to Gibson Guitar, the amount of which now will be determined in the next phase of the proceedings.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me