View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 02:11 PM   #23
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Actually, I could give a rat's butt who is telling the truth or not....and I think there's some storytelling going on with both sides. I really could care less.

As for as not wanting a Greatest Hits CD released in the first place. Hey...they actually don't have alot of control over the matter. They are still contractually obligated to Windup Records. Same thing happened to REM. Without their permission IRS Records decided to put out some kind of greatest hits thing, even though every band member was against it. They even refused to pose for a cover photograph and instead sent copies of old high school pictures...which I do believe eventually ended up on the cover, cause they wouldn't have anything to do with the project. But it still got released, cause their contract called for a certain number of albums and the contract will usually win. The only difference was the record company made the decisions and the band didn't.

Now Alter Bridge has released their album.....but if I was still working on a solo effort and had to rely on a record company to support me when it finally did come out (and one personally, that I think does a crappy job of promoting their bands)....do you really think that it would be in someone's best interest to become a thorn in their side, and refuse to do any promotional work for another of their albums you are connected with? I don't think so. As much as some of you hate Stapp....the man is smart enough to know that its in his best interest to mention the Greatest Hits stuff along with Relearn Love, cause he's still got to get along with the record company. Alter Bridge will deal with Windup when I guess another album comes out....Stapp doesn't have that luxury. So if he is trying his best to make the best out of his own situation....do you really think he would say...."actually, the other two former members of Creed think this idea sucks the big one...and won't have anything to do with it"....it wouldn't look to good to the record company would it.

Hehe.....but you guys just keep thinking about it and analyzing it....and call whoever you want a liar.....to me it just looks like takin care of business.