View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 01:02 PM   #11
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah, I could have sworn it was 105,000, but I guess I had my numbers wrong. Anyway, MTV reports that the TGD sold 94,000 copies and debuted at #18(not #19). When you consider the fact that, to be in the top 5, it took over 200,000 in record sales, that's pretty good. Keep in mind that when ODR debuted, it only took 95,000 to debut in the top 5. The competition(bands like S.O.A.D., and artists like Madonna) was obviously tougher for TGD. Add in the fact that (1) the single hasn't gotten much airplay (2) it's been nearly 18 months since the official split (3) most people have probably forgotten about Creed, and it becomes apparent the reason why these numbers were less than a lot of people expected. I think timing played a huge role in these sales. Had TGD been released last November, I have a feeling that the sales would have been higher because that would have capitalized more on Creed's popularity. Of course, the lower than expected sales could be because there are a lot of anti-Stapp, anti-Creed people out there, but I'd bet on the former. Just a bit of food for the thought.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!